FEBRUARY 18, 2015 (REFERRING TO THE NATIONAL NEWS AGENCY – LEBANON) The weather in Lebanon on Thursday is cloudy with heavy rains, thunderstorms, strong winds, drop in temperature and snowfall at 1000 m. above sea level according to the Meteorological Department at Beirut’s Rafic Hariri International Airport.
At night there will be additional drop in temperature and snowfall at 600m above sea level, the department added.
General status: A very cold low atmospheric pressure accompanied with heavy rains, thunderstorms, snowfall and strong winds affect the Mediterranean Eastern basin with the arrival of the storm Windy on Thursday.
-Temperature: On the coastline 09 degrees Celsius low to 15 degrees Celsius high
On the mountain range: -7 degree Celsius low to -2 degrees Celsius high
In the Interior range: 1 degree Celsius low to 06 degrees Celsius high
– Surface wind: Southern-western, gusting between 15 and 35 Km/hr intensifies to reach 60 km/hr.
– Visibility: Medium worsens every now and then.
– Humidity on the coastline: between 60% and 85%.
– Sea : Moderate, Surface temperature 17 degrees Celsius.
– Atmospheric Pressure: 764 mlm/Hg
– Sunrise: 06:19 Sunset: 17:25
SOURCE: NATIONAL NEWS AGENCY- LEBANON