OCTOBER 26, 2014 (REFERRING TO THE NATIONAL NEWS AGENCY – LEBANON) “Current developments in Tripoli are no war on Sunnis,” minister of Justice Ashraf Rifi, stated in response to extremist voices in the north today
Having categorically rejected such sectarian utterances, the general reiterated Tripoli’s only option of statehood contending that Sunnis constantly championed notions of Lebanese statehood and confessional peaceful coexistence.
As he cited Rafik Hariri and a plethora of fallen Sunnis in pursuit of statehood, Rifi added that he would not engage a Hizbullah’s statelet bent on igniting a confessional war here in Lebanon and elsewhere in the region as he said.
“We’ve so far confronted Hizbullah and will continue to do so since this party strives to concoct a showdown with the military,” he retorted.
Rifi went on to say that March 14 shall never credit Hizbullah with importing the Syrian strife into Lebanon.
Despite our hunch that certain pro Hizbullah’s take cover behind state institutions, they strive incessantly to foment strife but we’ll never let them lure us by sticking to sectarian coexistence and Hariri’s project as he said.
“Your clear message to all, is that we shall remain the bastion of statehood in the face of a Statelet bent on undermining state institutions,” he charged.
“As Tripoli overcame scores of dubious flare-ups exacted on it for being independent, we shall persist in our confrontation till legitimacy is fully restored and our folks are fairly protected,” Gen. Rifi concluded.
SOURCE: NATIONAL NEWS AGENCY